The Production Finisher is accountable for fixing and repairing defects identified after the CNC process. The Production Finisher is also accountable for finishing panels to the specifications set by the Project Management and Design teams.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Managing the quality and optimal flow of product
• Ensures panels meet finishing requirements as per specification
• Maintains accountability of finishing tools and equipment, required maintenance, supplies, etc.
• Follows SOPs for tool operation and product finishing work
• Finishing and repairing child panels in accordance with APA and SmartLam standards
• Conducting and recording quality checks based on QA checklist. Communicate with QA quickly if product does not meet specifications or tolerances
• Safely moves finished product to designated storage area
• Meeting production schedule and goals
• Communicating status with supervisors and QA Manager
• Updating Production tracking system (Zoho)
• Follows safe work practices
• Uses floor, palm, and belt sanders and other hand and power tools as necessary to meet finishing standards
• Applies epoxy fillers to product as needed
• Glues and clamps filler pieces as needed
• Dowels and repairs screw holes and other blemishes when needed
• Wraps panels and may assist with truck loading.
• Maintains a clean and organized work area
• Performs other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience