The Industrial Maintenance Technician is accountable for keeping the production machinery functioning in a proper manner to ensure manufacturing schedules and targets are met. This role focuses on promoting equipment longevity and operational efficiency through preventative maintenance and downtime minimization. Proficiency with equipment maintenance, technical understanding, troubleshooting, dealing with uncertainty, and a safety-conscious mindset are required.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures operation of machinery and equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, VFDs, soft starts and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer’s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Locates the source of problem by observing mechanical and electrical devices in operation, using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, hand, and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts, using rules, squares, multimeters, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, straightedges, multimeters, and basic electrical component programing knowledge.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation, welders, torches, grinders, drills, hydraulic press, and all other tools/equipment associated with Industrial Maintenance.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supply inventories, by reporting stock needs to Purchasing; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing Purchase Request and verifying receipt.
• Provides mechanical and electrical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
• Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications and by establishing personal networks.
• Maintains a safe and clean working environment, complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
• Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
Required Skills & Experience
• Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, both mechanical and electrical required; with three (3) years of related working experience desired.
• Basic computer skills desired.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• High attention to detail.
• Creative problem solver
• Positive attitude with a track record of delivering results.
• Self-motivated with strong ability to multitask and operate with minimal supervision.
• Must be safety oriented and comply with all company, state and OSHA regulations.
• Reliable individual with an excellent time and attendance record.
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Industrial Maintenance Technician Degree or Journeyman License desired.