The Crane Operator is accountable for CLT panels or other materials to and from production areas, maintaining product flow, communication and coordination with supervisor, maintenance, and other members of the production team.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Communicates and coordinates with supervisors, maintenance and peers.
• Know and follow safety requirements for safe operation of all cranes and rigging onsite.
• Follows SOPs for crane operation and material and product handling.
• Perform routine inspections on rigging equipment and notify maintenance team and supervisor when maintenance is needed.
• Safely rigs and lifts product, moving it around the facility to ensure production flow.
• Safely and efficiently loads and unloads panels from CNC table while minimizing machine interruption.
• Safely and efficiently loads and unloads panels from press outfeed and material conveyance systems.
• Assists in collecting CNC fallout and waste removal, loads chipper or chip bins, removes sawdust and shavings, and maintains a clean and safe work area.
• Performs other duties as requested.
Required Skills & Experience
• Prior experience with crane operation.
• Achieve and maintain internal crane certification.
• Proficient with basic math skills.
• Proficient with use of tape measures and other basic tools.
• Ability to identify and differentiate between lumber species and grades.
• Capable of lifting at least 50 pounds & being on feet for most of the day.
• Well organized, creative problem solver, and maintains a positive attitude.
• Capable of operating effectively during periods of high stress with aggressive deadlines.
• Self-motivated and capable of operating with minimal supervision.
• Reliable individual with an excellent time and attendance record.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.