The CNC Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient fabrication of CLT parent panels into child panels and other mass timber component fabrication. He/she reliably meets production schedules and targets, while producing precise products according to design and shop drawing requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain product flow and meets production schedule
• Follows CNC operational SOPs
• Maintains operational readiness and monitors machine for maintenance requirements
• Identify defects in panel or product before milling
• Downloads and reviews toolpaths and runs simulations prior to cutting as required
• Runs calibration checks as needed
• Maintain production information and Kanban status in Zoho
• Accurately labels child pieces from parent pieces
• Effectively communicates with supervisor, programmer and design team
• Measure dimensions of finished panels to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
• Review program specifications or blueprints to determine and set machine operations and sequencing, finished panel dimensions, or numerical control sequences.
• Identify remove and replace dull cutting tools.
• Removes trimmings and falloff during interruptions as needed to avoid machine damage.
• Keeps inside of CNC machine, tools, and overall system (tables, cable trays, etc.) clean
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisors
Required Skills & Experience
• 2+ years of experience with CNC operations
• Strong mechanical aptitude.
• Strong math skills.
• Highly proficient with use of tape measures and other basic tools.
• Highly proficient with use of calipers and precision measuring equipment.
• Strong computer skills.
• Strong written and verbal communicator
• Capable of lifting at least 50 pounds & being on feet for most of the day.
• Well organized, creative problem solver, and maintains a positive attitude.
• Capable of operating effectively during periods of high stress with aggressive deadlines.
• Self-motivated and capable of operating with minimal supervision.
• Reliable individual with an excellent time and attendance record.
• High School Diploma or equivalent; technical degree preferred.